Microsoft announced recently of a new PC app for Windows 10 users. The
app is called Phone Companion, and will aid in making your phone sync with your
PC seamlessly from anywhere in the world.
Once downloaded, Phone Companion will guide you through the appropriate steps
to sync your phone up with your PC. If you have a Windows phone, there wont
be anything extra that you will need to download.
With the new Phone Companion app and OneDrive app set up correctly, you'll be
able to sync your PC and phone seamlessly. Here's a list of some of the
• Photo Sharing: With Phone Companion, you will be able to take a picture on
your phone and OneDrive will automatically back the photo up to your OneDrive
file on your PC, in the Photos app.
• Music: If you create playlists on your PC, you will be able to access your
songs via your smartphone and be able to play your favorite songs for free
anytime you like.
• Notes: Anytime you take a note on your phone, that note will populate on
• Files/Documents: Access all of your files from your OneDrive, on your PC
Microsoft is also planning on releasing a Cortana Companion app, which will
work similar to Cortana on your Windows 10 PC. Here's a schedule of when
Microsoft plans to release these apps for your smart phone:
• June: Phone Companion app for Windows 10 PC
• End of June: Cortana for Android
• End of June or sometime in July: Xbox Music app for Android and iPhone with
beta OneDrive music playback
• “Later this year:” Cortana for iPhone
You can read the blog on Microsoft's website by
Dell Adds Encryption Service to Dell SonicWALL