The National Weather Service is predicting a hurricane http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/. brightstack is advising our customers to take preparations ahead of the forecasted weather event. We do not anticipate wide spread power outages, but there is always a risk of interruption in travel and the ability to physically access offices throughout the impacted area and power outages to on premise equipment. We encourage our clients to prepare their organizations to work and collaborate remotely should the Hurricane turn into an actual event.
The recommendations below are generic, if you'd like assistance with a specific plan for your organization please contact us or your account manager directly.
Our recommendations are as follows:
1) If you are not a brightstack communications customer, have a copy of your voice and data bills available with your account information so you can make changes to your service if necessary during any outages.
2) We may be unable to physically access your office depending on conditions so please make contingency arrangements with us.
3) Make sure you have access to your domain's registrar so you can make changes to host records for your domain, specifically to aid in re-routing email should there be a power interruption and you’re on premise email server is inaccessible.
4) If you are a brightstack ShoreTel customer and need help changing your auto attendant or greetings because of closures and need assistance please reach out to us.
5) If your email is on premise in your office and there is a power outage, prepare your users to access any email continuity services (such as SpamSoap, Mimecast, Office 365, Spamhaus or Postini).
6) Prepare your users to use External Assignment or Find/Me follow me features on their phones so calls can be re-routed.
7) Create an emergency contact sheet with alternative contact information for your staff, please forward that to us.
You will be able to contact us through the same support methods (212-812-9450 option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). As a backup, we have also setup a web site to provide important updates. The website can be found here:
8) Through LifeSize, we have made available a FREE 2 week no obligation trial of Enterprise video conferencing using any number of devices. This could aid in collaboration for a remote workforce due to closures and interruptions in travel:
9) Verify your backups and business continuity plans.
10) Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns leading up to Blizzard Juno.