The next evolution is here, Virtualization is here and is picking up speed and popularity really fast. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is here to stay. VDI provides the tools, ease of use and management, and the Return on Investment (ROI) that organizations have long been waiting for.
How does it work?
The VDI concept allows organizations to separate the desktop environment from the physical machines that everyone is accustomed to a client server model which allows for centralized management and data storage. Instead of having processing and storage on the desktop PC, all the processing, storage, applications, and processes are kept and ran centrally. This allows users to access their desktop on any device capable of presenting it such as a desktop, laptop, smartphone, net-book, or even a thin client. Very simply the Virtual Desktop is running on a server and multiple clients can connect up to the server.
VDI provides many benefits to organizations. Some of these benefits are:
- Simplified desktop administration and management tasks
- Data security and protection are centralized
- Supports connection from multiple devices such as smartphones, laptops, desktops, and thin clients
- Remote users and Road Warriors have the same experience regardless of where they are connecting from
- Desktop Maintenance and Troubleshooting goes away which allows the IT staff to have increased efficiency
- Ease of Migrations allows you to roll out new software and operating systems to select users from a centralized location
- Images: You can create a library of images to meet all your company needs. You can have images based on departments so
- Snapshotting allows you to roll back user desktop to previous states which allows for greater flexibility
- Going Green: A thin client uses less electricity than a desktop. Using VDI helps reduce your carbon footprint and provides savings in power costs
Are you interested in VDI? Is VDI right for your organization? Can you organization take advantage of the benefits and see a ROI? Contact brightstack at email@example.com or at 212.812.9450 to schedule a meeting to discuss your options. brightstack can also provide VDI assessments for your organization.